Neuropsychologist – Shirley Ryan AbilityLab
Application Link: https://ricc-hr.silkroad.com/epostings/index.cfm?fuseaction=app.jobinfo&id=23&jobid=184603&company_id=16087&version=1&source=ONLINE&JobOwner=994332&level=levelid1&levelid1=37066&startflag=2
The Psychologist will assess and treat patients with physical disability due to traumatic injuries or illnesses to assist patients in dealing with emotional reaction to their disability. The psychologist obtains patient case history, conducts initial psychological assessment, and conducts neuropsychological evaluations. As clinically indicated, the psychologist provides psychotherapy services for patients, families, and within groups. The psychologist additionally provides Capacity Evaluations, Behavioral Management Plans, and Suicide Assessments, as needed. The psychologist acts as an integral part of the treatment team for their designated inpatient floor. The psychologist will receive academic appointment at Northwestern Medicine – Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Department based on academic, research, and clinical experience.
The Psychologist will consistently demonstrate support of the Shirley Ryan AbilityLab statement of Vision, Mission and Core Values by striving for excellence, contributing to the team efforts and showing respect and compassion for patients and their families, fellow employees, and all others with whom there is contact at or in the interest of the institute.
The Psychologist will demonstrate Shirley Ryan AbilityLab Core Attributes: Communication, Accountability, Flexibility/Adaptability, Judgment/Problem Solving, Customer Service and Core Values (Hope, Compassion, Discovery, Collaboration, and Commitment to Excellence) while fulfilling job duties.
- Interviews patients, families and other appropriate personnel to obtain information regarding patient’s personal, medical, psychiatric, substance use, and social history.
- Conducts psychological and neuropsychological evaluations.
- Provide consultation and therapeutic intervention for individuals, families, and groups. Engage in evidenced-based interventions, including, but not limited to Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Trauma-Focused CBT (TF-CBT), Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), Dialectic Behavioral Therapy (DBT), Mindfulness based interventions, and relaxation training. Lead and/or cofacilitate psychoeducational groups.
- Consults with treatment teams regarding psychological and neuropsychological factors that would affect implementation of rehabilitation programs and patient-therapist relationships.
- Conducts capacity evaluations to assist the medical team with decision making abilities.
- Co-treats with other allied health disciplines when emotional and/or behavioral factors interfere with rehabilitation progress.
- Provides discharge planning and follow-up services including referrals for patients and families.
- Maintains patient documentation per organization requirements.
- Performs all other duties that may be assigned in the best interest of the Shirley Ryan AbilityLab.
Supervision for Training Program:
- Participate in Psychology Training with Doctoral-Level Advanced Practicum Students, including individual supervision, group supervision, and didactics.
Teaching and Research:
- Provide professional presentations as requested (e.g., faculty development, grand rounds, medical school teaching)
- Academic appointment at Northwestern Medicine – Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Department based on academic, research, and clinical experience.
- Participates in research activities.
- Reports directly to the Manager, Psychology
- Normal office environment with little or no exposure to dust or extreme temperature.
- Occasional exposure to infectious diseases when working with patients.
- Knowledge of psychological principles, inter-relational dynamics, individual and group behavior, and behavior modification techniques normally acquired through completion of PhD or Psy.D. from an American Psychological Association accredited school and successful completion of both a clinical internship and fellowship
- Current eligibility licensure by State of Illinois required.
- Completion of an accredited fellowship in clinical neuropsychology and/or rehabilitation psychology. Postdoctoral candidates completing their fellowship in 2023 are encouraged to apply.
- Prior experience in an inpatient and/or outpatient rehabilitation setting is preferred
- Understanding of the growth and development of infant, child, adult and geriatric patients as measured by specific performance standards and as described by department/unit policies and procedures.
- Ability to interpret growth and development related information to assure patient needs are met.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to communicate effectively with patients and families, and with physicians and team members.
- Analytical skills to select and interpret neuropsychological and/or psychological tests assess patient disorders and formulate treatment plans.
Perks and Benefits of working at Shirley Ryan AbilityLab:
- Flexible work schedule
- No weekend nor holiday commitments unless desired
- Academic appointment at Northwestern Medicine Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Many education opportunities such as ongoing grand rounds, neuroradiology rounds, schwartz rounds, didactics through NWM
- Student training and participation in individual supervision, group supervision, and didactics
- Committee involvement throughout the organization
- Interdisciplinary and collaborative environment
- Work with a variety of neurological and medically complex diagnoses such as TBI, non-traumatic brain injuries, stroke, locked-in syndrome, Parkinson’s disease, MS, brain oncology, FND/FMD, Guillain Barre, spinal cord injuries, organ transplants, amputation, burn, cardiac, pulmonary, bariatrics, cancers, orthopedic, and general deconditioning,
- SRAlab qualifies as a non-profit (503c) organization for Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF)
- Paid Time off and holidays
- Paid conference attendance
- Paid Continuing education
- Health, dental, vision plans
- Retirement packages with immediate vesting
About Shirley Ryan AbilityLab
Shirley Ryan AbilityLab is the global leader in physical medicine and rehabilitation for adults and children with the most severe, complex conditions. By joining our team, you will be part of our life-changing Mission and Vision. You’ll work in a truly inclusive environment where diversity and equity are championed through words and actions. You’ll contribute to an innovative culture that is second to none, one that embraces curiosity, discovery and compassion. You’ll play a role in something that’s never been done before as we integrate science and clinical care to help patients achieve better, faster outcomes — as we Advance Human Ability, together.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Shirley Ryan AbilityLab is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Chicago, Illinois, United States