Mental Health Services Director – Logan Treatment Center
Mental Health Services Director
Licensed Clinical Psychologist for Logan Treatment Center
Logan Correctional Center in Lincoln, IL
- Gain Unparalleled Experience in a Unique Environment
- Make a Significant Difference Every Day
- Exceptional Leadership Opportunity
- Oversight of the Mental Health Department, Operations, and Staff
- Female Correctional Treatment Center
- Supportive Management Team
Essential qualities to be successful in this role:
- History of Correctional and/or Forensic Psychology
- Supervisory Experience
- Passion for Social Justice
- Thrives on Challenges and Interesting Cases
Correctional medicine is a unique specialty area of practice; a broader range of clinical cases than most treatment centers, a very diverse population, and an opportunity to make a significant impact in an individual’s life, a family, and a community.
The Mental Health Services Director provides guidance, direction, training, and clinical supervision to all Mental Health Professionals (MHPs), except for psychiatrists, within the facility’s medical/mental health unit. Ensures that said Staff are compliant with all applicable agency, facility, and Wexford Health Sources (WHS) policies and procedures, corporate protocols and ethical and professional standards.
Applicants can apply at https://jobs.wexfordhealth.com/search/searchjobs
Wexford Health Sources, one of the nation’s leading innovative correctional health care companies, provides clients with experienced management and technologically advanced services, combined with programs that control costs while ensuring quality. For nearly three decades, Wexford Health has consistently delivered proven staffing expertise and a full range of medical, behavioral health, pharmacy, utilization management, provider contracting, claims processing, and quality management services.
At Wexford Health our philosophy is that health care should not be considered a luxury for anyone. We simply care for those in need and the corrections environment is our venue.
We’re proud to offer a competitive benefits package including:
- Annual review with performance increase
- Generous paid-time off program that combines vacation and sick leave
- Paid holidays
- Comprehensive health insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement saving plans
- Company-paid short-term disability
- Healthcare and dependent care spending account
Additional duties may include
- Provides direct supervision of site Mental Health staff including hiring, scheduling, assigning duties, evaluating performance, disciplining, adjusting grievances and discharging.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with Wardens, Assistant Wardens, Health Care Unit Administrators, Mental Health Administrators and other (IDOC) facility management officials.
- Serves as a resource to the Wexford Health Chief of Psychiatry relative to non-clinical aspects of psychiatric and telepsychiatric services at IDOC facilities.
- Ensures the Vice-President of Operations, Regional Mental Health Director, Regional Mental Health Administrators, Chief Psychiatrist and applicable IDOC Administrative staff are apprised of all critical mental health-related incidents or developments at assigned facilities.
- Ensures MHPs have a satisfactory understanding of all applicable Administrative and Institutional Directives, ACA/NCCHC Standards, and Wexford Health Behavioral Health protocols.
- Reviews, no less than every six (6) months, the medical charts of at least ten (10) offenders on each MHP’s caseload to assess the adequacy of treatment plans, progress notes and other documentation; provide remedial feedback and training as required.
- Conducts no less than quarterly in-service training for all MHPs regarding clinical issues of concern to IDOC Director of Mental Health, facility and WHS administrators or the MHPs themselves.
- Provides guidance and direction to MHPs relative to Crisis Intervention Team training and leadership.
- Assists MHPs in the development and operation of psychoeducational and psychotherapy groups.
- Ensures MHPs develop and maintain effective and efficient mental health delivery record-keeping and data management systems.
- Conducts or participates in pre-employment interviews with candidates for position vacancies as necessary
- Participates in mortality review meetings in the event of offender suicides.
- Remains visible and is responsive to all IDOC, WHS and Health Care Unit disciplines.
- Supports and participates in evaluation designed to improve work conditions and patient care. Evaluates employees’ performance and maintains quality care.
- Participates in, as requested, and maintains good relationship with community organizations.
- Provides guidance to the staff in patient care problems; delegates responsibility within the scope of the employee’s abilities.
- Keeps Regional MH Administrator informed of staffing variances related to the Schedule Es and Adjusted Services Requests (ASR).
- Strives to ensure 100% compliance of Schedule E and ASR staffing hours.
- Complies with and enforces Wexford/Facility Policy and Procedures and ensures subordinate compliance.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as directed.
The duties and responsibilities outlined herein are for payroll purposes only; employees may be assigned other duties as required.
The following requirements list the minimum to qualify. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted.
TRAVEL: Potentially for periodic meetings
LICENSING: Must be licensed as a Clinical Psychologist in Illinois
CERTIFICATION: Current CPR certification
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE: Previous corrections experience is a plus as well as previous management or administrative experience.
EDUCATION: Doctoral level degree in Psychology