Research Associate I
Research Associate I
Department of Psychology
University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC)
The UIC Department of Psychology seeks a full-time Research Associate I (Project Coordinator). The hired Associate will work under Dr. Amanda Roy, the Principal Investigator of the Environment, Development, and Health Research (EDH) Group. Dr. Roy and her team study the roles of neighborhood context and poverty on individual health and development.
The hired Associate will perform tasks related to lab and project management and will provide oversight of administrative and operational
• Assist in recruiting subjects and scheduling data collections
• Collect data via surveys, interviews, observations or other methods according to established
• Clean and process data. Provide summaries on research and results.
• Assist with study protocol development, as needed.
• Coordinate the ordering, inventory and maintenance of equipment, instruments and data
collection and analysis tools.
• Coordinates with the Institutional Review Board (IRB) at UIC to develop and generate IRB
applications/protocols, amendments, and continuing reviews.
• Manages day-to-day operations
• Manages design and development of program databases and compiles data
• Acts as liaison to IT to ensure technology systems are properly installed and maintained.
• Tracks progress of activities in relation to grant deliverables and timeline.
• Act as liaison between Principal Investigator and various members of the research teams.
• Record notes at and plan agendas for project team meetings
• Gather pertinent information for papers, grants, and reporting documents.
• Supports design, formatting, and enhancement to visual layout of products and resource
• Maintains lab website.
Perform other related duties and participate in special projects as assigned.
Earned bachelor’s degree in psychology, social science, or related field (required).
Knowledge of research concepts, practices and procedures.
Fluent in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Familiarity with SPSS.
Familiarity with template-based web design tools like Wix, Weebly, and/or Sqaure Space.
Preferred: A minimum of one-year research and/or project management experience.
To apply: Submit a resume and cover letter to the UIC Job Board (https://jobs.uic.edu/job-board).
The University of Illinois at Chicago is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
The University of Illinois may conduct background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.