MPA Code of Conduct
The Midwestern Psychological Association aims to provide a harassment-free conference experience for everyone, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, religion, or nationality. We do not tolerate harassment of conference participants in any form. Conference participants violating these rules may be expelled from either specific or all remaining conference events without a refund at the discretion of the conference organizers.
Harassment includes, but is not limited to:
- Aggressive or hostile verbal comments that reinforce social structures of domination related to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, religion, nationality
- Sexual images in public spaces
- Deliberate intimidation, stalking, or following
- Harassing photography or recording
- Sustained disruption of talks or other events
- Inappropriate physical contact
- Unwelcome sexual attention
- Advocating for or encouraging any of the above behavior
We expect participants to follow these rules at all event venues and event-related social activities.
Palmer House Security: (312) 726-7599
Local law enforcement: Chicago city police, 311 or (312) 732-1440 (Non-emergency numbers, dial 911 in an emergency)
Local sexual assault hot line: Chicago Rape Crisis Hotline 24/7 hotline, 1-888-293-2080